OPEN CALL 2024 - announcement
We hereby announce open call for projects to be delivered as part of the 2024 residency programme.
It may be noted that next to creative work, the presence of the artist-in-residence at Zamek and their interaction with the audience are crucial elements of their residency.
ZAMEK Culture Centre is an interdisciplinary institution which showcases the most compelling phenomena of contemporary culture in the fields of visual arts, theatre, filmmaking, music and literature. Therefore, we set great store by nurturing individual competence and sensitivity in the audience as well as catering to their diverse needs. We seek to create the conditions in which works and projects can be created and presented, as well as enable the exchange with the interested public, which is vital for our institution and the involved artists alike.
We are particularly interested in supporting projects which:
- explore changing realities of life, ask questions about the current situation and envision the future, whether in relation to climate and migration crises, war in Ukraine or social and political issues,
- are inspired by the context of the Castle, its history and architecture
- use any modality of artistic expression (visual arts, literature, music, sound art, dance, performance, choreography, architecture, filmmaking...).
Two types of residencies are available:
– CONCEPTUAL RESIDENCY, i.e. a creative stay during which artist(s) work on a project or a part of a project; the artist(s) is not required to complete or present the final outcome of their work,
– OPERATIONAL RESIDENCY, concluding with an artistic event.
The stay may span 6 to 10 weeks.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please read carefully Regulations, in this document you’ll find all necessary details regarding your application.
Documents to download:
The graphics depicts two semicircles and writings.